Posts about teaching & learning:
- Limits of my world: easy to implement strategies to help pupils speak and write more academically.
- Limits of my world II: planning lessons with academic writing as an end-goal in mind.
- Comprehension strategies: ways to improve self-awareness & reflect on reading comprehension.
- Success criteria: make explicit to pupils how to succeed at complex goals.
- Evolution of my pedagogy: teacher talk: teacher talk is essential for your novice pupils to learn effectively from the expert – you!
- Developing autonomy: pupils need to practice with lots of guidance before they become fluent and ‘autonomous’.
- Equations in science: effective 7 step method for teaching equations, with a cognitive science-rooted pedagogy